POLITICAL leaders led by President
Hardly a day passes without news that a leader has organized Iftar (food eaten to break the fast) to groups of people, fortunately people with disabilities, the sick, and orphans are given priority.
Dr Shein has a weeklong stay in Pemba to share Iftar with people, while Hamad was on
Holy Ramadhan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, and fasting during the month of Ramadhan is one of the Five Pillars of Islam. A Muslim fasting is supposed to abstain from food, drinks, and sexual intercourse and other prohibited behaviour during the month.
Many Muslims believe that feeding some one iftar as a form of charity is rewarding and that such was practised by Prophet Muhammad.
Iftar is a rare opportunity for the leaders, mainly the top leaders, to mingle with the local people and guests and exchange Ramadhan greetings with all invitees before prayers.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades