Positive domestic exports figures for June and surge in regional stocks supported the rupee.
Data from the
The benchmark S&P BSE Sensex climbed 321.07 points or 1.27% to 25,549.72, while the broader CNX Nifty index closed up 97.75 points or 1.30% at 7,624.40.
The rupee was trading around yesterday's close of 60.13 per greenback, off early 5-day low of 60.2755.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star