Positive domestic exports figures for June and surge in regional stocks supported the rupee.
Data from the
The benchmark S&P BSE Sensex climbed 321.07 points or 1.27% to 25,549.72, while the broader CNX Nifty index closed up 97.75 points or 1.30% at 7,624.40.
The rupee was trading around yesterday's close of 60.13 per greenback, off early 5-day low of 60.2755.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records