Xiaomi has announced the Redmi 1S and Redmi Note smartphones, along with the Mi 3, for the Indian market.
Although the company has not disclosed the exact availability details right now, it will make the phones available soon in
Xiaomi Global VP Hugo Barra has asked the customers to expect Redmi 1S in early-August and Redmi Note in late August but these are tentative release schedules.
An entry-level smartphone, Xiaomi Redmi 1S, will rival the likes of Moto E and Asus Zenfone 4 in the country. It has a 4.7-inch HD display, 1.6GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage. Additionally, the Redmi 1S has a microSD card slot, 2000 mAh battery, dual-SIM support and 8MP rear camera.
Redmi Note, which is a budget phablet, features 5.5-inch HD display, 1.6GHz octa-core
While Redmi Note will sell for INR 9,999 in
Xiaomi will exclusively launch the smartphones at Flipkart.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models