Xiaomi has announced the Redmi 1S and Redmi Note smartphones, along with the Mi 3, for the Indian market.
Although the company has not disclosed the exact availability details right now, it will make the phones available soon in
Xiaomi Global VP Hugo Barra has asked the customers to expect Redmi 1S in early-August and Redmi Note in late August but these are tentative release schedules.
An entry-level smartphone, Xiaomi Redmi 1S, will rival the likes of Moto E and Asus Zenfone 4 in the country. It has a 4.7-inch HD display, 1.6GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage. Additionally, the Redmi 1S has a microSD card slot, 2000 mAh battery, dual-SIM support and 8MP rear camera.
Redmi Note, which is a budget phablet, features 5.5-inch HD display, 1.6GHz octa-core
While Redmi Note will sell for INR 9,999 in
Xiaomi will exclusively launch the smartphones at Flipkart.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'