To move closer to consumers both in terms of selling new cars and for post-sales support
For eg., the automaker has decided to expand its programs for offering service-at-the-doorstep to Maruti car owners.
Maruti has initiated mobile workshops which car owners can utilize to receive services such as washing, oil changes and body polish right where they are.
A senior official said the company had only around 100 vans till Apri 2013, but now it has 1,100 such vans and it will double the numbers this year.
He added that MSIL has set a target to reach 5,000 such vans in next three years
The official said Maruti got this idea from electronic firms, such as washing machine brands, which provide repair and service facilities at the customer's home.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids