To move closer to consumers both in terms of selling new cars and for post-sales support
For eg., the automaker has decided to expand its programs for offering service-at-the-doorstep to Maruti car owners.
Maruti has initiated mobile workshops which car owners can utilize to receive services such as washing, oil changes and body polish right where they are.
A senior official said the company had only around 100 vans till Apri 2013, but now it has 1,100 such vans and it will double the numbers this year.
He added that MSIL has set a target to reach 5,000 such vans in next three years
The official said Maruti got this idea from electronic firms, such as washing machine brands, which provide repair and service facilities at the customer's home.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports