The company posted pretax profit of
Heath said it decided to be more prudent with its investments, "in view of the uncertainties around the world." Therefore the company disposed of all its holding, which results in a profit on costs of
Nonetheless Heath said it experienced success with most of the new lines launched during the year and "there was improvement in some, but by no means all, of our markets." It also said trading has not regained the position recorded before the financial downturn.
Looking ahead, the company said sales in the current trading period have been below that achieved last year while the current strength of sterling compared with many world currencies will have a detrimental effect on sales revenue and profit which it earns overseas.
"It would seem that the caution seen in the markets could well be correct. We must therefore add our own note of caution for the coming year, as it would seem that the turbulent trading conditions, which we have experienced in the last few years, are not yet at an end," the company said in its statement Wednesday.
The company maintained its final dividend at
Heath & Samuel shares were quoted up 4.1% at
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World