A video providing information to prospective students about financial aid at
The two minute financial aid video utilizes animation and clever graphics to guide students through all the possible sources of financial assistance and how to pursue them.
"GCC challenged us with creating a non-traditional video that would appeal to young people," Mandolfo said. "They wanted a hip and attractive way to get this information across. We thought the animation would help the viewer navigate through the information using techniques like graphics, symbols, color, texture and music."
Working with director of Student Financial Assistance Joe Bailey and admissions staff, Mandolfo crafted a script, narrated by GCC graduate
"Everyone dreads filling out these forms," Bailey said. "We wanted to reduce the intimidation factor through this video." Bailey's name is featured on a "Hello, my name is Joe" name tag in the video as the narrator describes "friendly staff ready to help answer your financial aid questions." The complete video can be seen here: http://www.genesee.edu/offices/finaid/.
GCC has worked with Mandolfo's
Founded in 1979, the Telly Awards are judged by more than 500 accomplished industry professionals, each a past winner of a Silver Telly and a member of
"The Telly Awards has a mission to honor the very best in film and video," said
For more information, contact Marketing Communications Associate Director
CC AutoTriage9as-140716-30FurigayJane-4798266 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World