The U.S. dollar slipped to the mid-101 yen range Thursday morning in
At noon, the dollar changed hands at
The euro was quoted at
The dollar fell slightly against the yen even as U.S. economic data released overnight on industrial production and producer prices in June showed improvement.
"U.S. interest rates rose and then fell again yesterday and fell even further this morning, and that's weighing (on dollar-yen)," said
The U.S. currency had earlier risen on comments in Fed chief
She also delivered testimony in a House committee on Wednesday, though it had little effect on currency rates.
The euro Thursday morning was flat against the dollar near a one-month low hit overnight in
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare