WASHINGTON, July 15 -- The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee issued the following news release:
Quote from DCCC Chairman Steve Israel: "Whether it's the Republicans' shutdown or the Republicans' lawsuit against President Obama, their misguided priorities and damaging agenda are energizing our supporters to elect commonsense leaders who will stand up for the middle class. While Republicans cater to the most radical elements of their party, Democrats will continue to fight to end the damaging dysfunction and focus on strengthening the economy for middle class families."
Despite being in the minority, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee trounced the NRCC in the second quarter of 2014, bringing in $25.3 million for the quarter - $10.9 million in June alone.
With $50.9 million in the bank, the DCCC has conserved nearly $18 million more cash than at this point in the 2012 cycle. As of June's public reports, the DCCC had an $8.4 million cash advantage over the NRCC.
The impact of the DCCC's fundraising dominance is becoming clear, when the DCCC reserved $14 million more than the NRCC in fall ad time in 10 more districts. In addition, the DCCC has massively expanded its investment in field operations and put staff on the ground in dozens of districts starting in January - six months earlier than ever before.
As Politico's Alex Burns observed: "These cash figures are going to start to matter more as the balance of spending in the midterms moves away from super PACs and 501(c)(4)s and towards candidates and party committees. The outside spending will still be there, but it won't be the most important spending in the race."
See table here (http://www.dccc.org/newsroom/entry/dccc_trounces_nrcc_in_second_quarter_raising_25.3_m_and_banking_50.9_m/)
*as reported by the Associated Press
Why the success?
* Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi is a fundraising force, both among grassroots and major donors. Along with Leader Pelosi, DCCC Chairman Steve Israel is sustaining a blistering pace of fundraising around the country.
* President Obama is holding his eighth fundraising event of the year for the DCCC next week in Silicon Valley.
* After John Boehner announced that he is suing the President, our grassroots supporters dug deep to elect House Democrats:
* Since June 25, we raised more than $3.26 million online from more than 164,000 donations, including 37,000 first-time gifts. The average gift was $19.80.
* June 30 was the DCCC's best online day of the election cycle, beating even the day Republicans shut down the government. We received $800,000 from more than 36,000 contributions on June 30 alone.
* As even Breitbart.com has highlighted, the DCCC is trouncing the NRCC with grassroots donors. Through May, the last available FEC report, the DCCC has outraised the NRCC by nearly $30 million in unitemized donations ($46.3 million to $17.1 million).
CC AutoTriage10PkS-140716-30TacordaCheng-4797886 30TacordaCheng