Cloud computing is becoming a game-changer for Indian information technology (IT) services providers. Presently, 20- 25 percent of large outsourcing deals involve cloud computing. According to experts, IT companies with higher cloud capabilities stand to benefit. Cloud computing involves storing and accessing data and programmes over
virtual infrastructure through a network, typically the Internet, instead of physical infrastructure such as servers and hard drives. The cloud helps in reducing capital costs on computers, software services and other machinery.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore