The government's press service said earlier the archaeological digs of the Buddha statue finished. The digs were conducted for several years by the Kyrgyz-Russian archaeological expedition.
"We are preparing the place at the Museum now. The statue will be brought to us next week," the Museum Director said.
The statue will be exhibited upon restoration, she added.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore