News release Hebridean Celtic Festival Year of Homecoming 2014
· HebCelt to be screened live on BBC ALBA · Fans to see two hours of music on Friday and Saturday nights · Festival also to feature in future programmes Music fans around the country can tune into the sights and sounds of the biggest ever Hebridean Celtic Festival when it features in two nights of live TV broadcasts.
BBC ALBA will exclusively show two hours of live music from the award -winning festival in Stornoway
This will be the fifth year HebCelt has showcased on BBC ALBA and the third year of live coverage from the event which is regarded as one of the best music festivals of the summer.
The 19th annual HebCelt will run from 16-19 July and will feature its biggest ever programme of nearly 40 acts. As well as its two main stages in the festival arena, a new acoustic stage has been introduced this year for the first time and there will also be performances in An Lanntair arts centre in Stornoway and in community venues in Lewis and Harris.
Around 16,000 people from across the globe – double the size of the host town – are expected at the event to see headliners Levellers, Big Country and
A Gaelic Showcase is being staged to promote the language and culture and the festival’s support for young, emerging talent is demonstrated by coveted stage slots given over to
“The live broadcasts and programmes capture the wonderful atmosphere at HebCelt and showcase the festival and the islands to a large audience.”
NOTES TO EDITORS
This year HebCelt was selected as one of the top 10 UK summer festivals for the fourth year in succession by the influential music magazine Songlines.
The 2013 event was the most successful in its history with ticket sales showing an increase of over 30 per cent on the previous year 2012. The 16,000-strong crowd helped generate around £1 million for the local economy
Last year HebCelt was also hailed as one of the greenest festivals in the world after being the only Scottish event to receive an Outstanding award from environmental campaign group A Greener Festival. In addition, it was shortlisted in the Greener Festival category in the
In 2011 it was ranked Best Large Festival at the industry-sponsored Scottish Event Awards and it won Best Event of the Year award at the MG Alba Scots Trad Music Awards in 2004 and 2009.
See - http://www.hebceltfest.com
BBC ALBA is available on the following platforms:
• Sky 143 (
For more information contact
John Ross Lucid PR 01463 724593; 07730 099617 email@example.com
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006