A free-for-all- fight broke out yesterday in the Zamfara State House of Assembly following an attempt by the members of the ruling
The members of the opposition PDP strongly rejected the idea saying the government must give the breakdown on how the money would be spent and this caused a heated debate on the floor of the house and consequently a fight ensued between the members as the mace was grabbed and broken in the scuffle.
Before then the PDP members alleged that their APC counterparts in the House passed a silent resolution when some of them unlawfully sat outside the chamber and passed a resolution granting the state government the power to dispose of the state's government's 24bn share at the
The amount covered total of 19 million units of the shares belonging to the state and its 14 local government areas and according to the state government, the money would be used to address the shortfall in the statutory revenue allocation to the state from the federation account.
Speaking to newsmen shortly after the bedlam, the minority leader of the House Hon.
'So we all vacated the House and as soon as we left they secretly and unlawfully sat outside the chamber and gave the state government the go ahead to dispose of the shares and today they want us just to be part of the resolution to empower the state government to secure 3bn loan from the CBN and we will never be party to that" he added.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian