A free-for-all- fight broke out yesterday in the Zamfara State House of Assembly following an attempt by the members of the ruling
The members of the opposition PDP strongly rejected the idea saying the government must give the breakdown on how the money would be spent and this caused a heated debate on the floor of the house and consequently a fight ensued between the members as the mace was grabbed and broken in the scuffle.
Before then the PDP members alleged that their APC counterparts in the House passed a silent resolution when some of them unlawfully sat outside the chamber and passed a resolution granting the state government the power to dispose of the state's government's 24bn share at the
The amount covered total of 19 million units of the shares belonging to the state and its 14 local government areas and according to the state government, the money would be used to address the shortfall in the statutory revenue allocation to the state from the federation account.
Speaking to newsmen shortly after the bedlam, the minority leader of the House Hon.
'So we all vacated the House and as soon as we left they secretly and unlawfully sat outside the chamber and gave the state government the go ahead to dispose of the shares and today they want us just to be part of the resolution to empower the state government to secure 3bn loan from the CBN and we will never be party to that" he added.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant