Trading at the stock market remained positive yesterday as the
Trading at the market had opened for the week on Monday with a growth of 0.24 per cent as investors took a position ahead of corporate announcements.
The positive trend continued yesterday as
Three of the five NSE sectoral indices went up led by the NSE Industrial Index with 1.15 per cent growth. The NSE Oil/Gas Index followed with a 0.73 per cent gain, while the NSE Banking Index added 0.25 per cent.
An analysis of the price gainers chart showed that Mobil Oil led with N5.15 to close at N140.15 per share.
The businesses would be consolidated with
Speaking after the shareholders' approval the Chairman of Lafarge WAPCO, Chief
"Lafarge Africa is not only a value enhancing transaction for shareholders but it will provide significant value to all stakeholders through the creation of a Nigerian listed Sub-Saharan Africa building materials giant that will be better able to support the development needs of our continent," Osunkeye said.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World