Compatible with Sharia, it qualifies the account holder to enter a periodic raffle draw, along with very competitive profit rates, said a report in the
The grand prize is a luxury villa in Durrat Al Bahrain and the quarterly prizes are four Mercedes E-Class Model 2015.
The account also provides cash prizes on a monthly basis, with an opportunity to win a monthly salary of BD555 (
The chances of winning prizes increase with multiples of the minimum balance of BD50.
Against each BD50 as average daily balance for at least 30 days from the date of the draw, the holder gets a chance to enter into the raffle of the quarterly prizes and the grand prize with one chance against each BD50 as average daily balance for at least 90 days from the date of draw.
Individuals of all nationalities more than 18 years of age are eligible to open an "alBarakat" account.
The account can be opened on behalf of minors by their parents or their legal representatives, as well as by institutions and companies.
"Through the "alBarakat" account we seek to promote savings practices, and to meet the needs of various segments of society in a manner consistent with Islamic law," Al
"This product also offers many unique advantages such as prizes and monthly profits which make us confident that it will receive a huge demand in the coming period," he added. -
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation