An agreement among 13 East Asian countries to bolster regional currency swap cooperation took effect Thursday,
The aim of the amended "Chiang Mai Initiative Multilateralization" scheme is to double the size of the currency swap to
"This amendment will strengthen the regional safety net for the CMIM participants in responding to potential or actual balance-of-payments and short-term liquidity difficulties," the ministry said.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'