In a statement ahead of its annual general meeting Tuesday the company said that trading in the first quarter of the year has started largely as anticipated with trading in the pub sector remaining flat, ahead of the implementation of a new statutory code for pub tenants.
However, the firm said other business areas have made good progress; Vending Solutions,
"The board is pleased that the uncertainty around the statutory code is being lifted as this has had, for some time, a detrimental impact on the group's core beer monitoring business. Whilst the company is satisfied with the outcome, the board remains conscious that the legislative implementation of the wider statutory code may remain a distraction for our customers for a period of time yet," said Chairman
Dickson added that the board is optimistic for the medium and long term prospects of the group, with this confidence is reflected in the decision to maintain the final dividend of
In June the company reported a fall in pretax profit and revenue for the full-year, as uncertainty surrounding the new statutory code for pub tenants took its toll, coupled with withdrawing from "lower margin work."
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays