"If the labor market continues to improve more quickly than anticipated by the Committee, resulting in faster convergence toward our dual objectives, then increases in the federal funds rate target likely would occur sooner and be more rapid than currently envisioned," Yellen said in her semi-annual testimony to the
Current Fed projections hold that rates will not begin to rise from zero until mid-2015, but a recent series of upbeat economic data suggests the economy is getting back to normal after a brutal winter.
Yellen pledged to keep accommodative monetary policy for "considerable period", while cautioning that the Fed should be careful to ensure that the economy is on a solid trajectory before consider raising interest rates.
Yellen is to testify on monetary policy before the
The US dollar climbed to 101.76 against the yen, its strongest since
The greenback added 0.08% to hit 0.8962 against the franc, a new 3-week high. At Tuesday's close, the pair was trading at 0.8955. If the greenback continues its uptrend, 0.906 is seen as its next possible resistance level.
The greenback climbed to a session's high of 1.3561 against the euro and further acceleration above this area could help it to set a 4-week high. The next possible resistance for the greenback lies around the 1.35 mark. The pair finished yesterday's trading at 1.3566.
The greenback edged up to 1.7132 against the pound in Asian deals. The greenback may find resistance around the 1.70 region.
The greenback advanced to a 3-week high of 0.8696 against the NZ dollar and near a 2-week high of 0.9335 against the aussie, off early lows of 0.8769 and 0.9373, respectively. The greenback is likely to find resistance around 0.925 against the aussie and 0.86 against the kiwi.
The US PPI and industrial production for June and NAHB housing market index for July, along with
The Bank of
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go