In her testimony before the
There remains considerable slack in the labor market, Fed chief added. The central bank expects the economy to grow at a moderate pace, she said.
The greenback climbed back to a 6-day high of 101.67 against the yen. Further uptrend of the greenback may take it to a resistance around the 102.5 zone.
The greenback advanced to a 6-day high of 0.8936 against the franc and held steady thereafter. On the upside, 0.90 is seen as next possible resistance level for the greenback-franc pair.
The greenback rose back against the euro with pair trading at 1.3594, nearing its early 8-day high of 1.3586. On the upside, 1.35 is seen as next resistance level for the greenback.
Meanwhile, the greenback fell to 1.7191 against the pound, its lowest since
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries