Swap Dealer and Major Swap Participant Recordkeeping, Reporting, and Duties Rules; Futures Commission Merchant and Introducing Broker Conflicts of Interest Rules; and Chief Compliance Officer Rules for Swap Dealers, Major Swap Participants, and Futures Commission Merchants; Correction
CFR Part: "17 CFR Part 23"
RIN Number: "RIN 3038-AC96"
Citation: "79 FR 41126"
"Rules and Regulations"
SUMMARY: This document contains corrections to final regulations, which were published in the
EFFECTIVE DATE: Effective
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: The final regulations that are the subject of these corrections imposed certain requirements on swap dealers and major swap participants regarding risk management programs. The final regulations were promulgated pursuant to sections 4s(h)(1)(D), 4s(h)(3)(D), 4s(j), and 8a(5) of the Commodity Exchange Act, 7 U.S.C. 4s(h)(1)(D), 4s(h)(3)(D), 4s(j), and 8a(5).
Need for Correction
As published, the final regulations contain errors which may prove to be misleading and need to be clarified.
List of Subjects in 17 CFR Part 23
Antitrust, Commodity futures, Conduct standards, Conflict of interests, Major swap participants, Reporting and recordkeeping, Swap dealers, Swaps.
Accordingly, 17 CFR part 23 is corrected by making the following correcting amendment:
PART 23--SWAP DEALERS AND MAJOR SWAP PARTICIPANTS
1. The authority citation for part 23 continues to read as follows:
Authority: 7 U.S.C. 1a, 2, 6, 6a, 6b, 6b-1, 6c, 6p, 6r, 6s, 6t, 9, 9a, 12, 12a, 13b, 13c, 16a, 18, 19, 21.
* * * * *
(e) * * *
(2) The annual reviews of the Risk Management Program shall include an analysis of adherence to, and the effectiveness of, the risk management policies and procedures, and any recommendations for modifications to the Risk Management Program. The annual testing shall be performed by qualified internal audit staff that are independent of the business trading unit being audited or by a qualified third party audit service reporting to staff that are independent of the business trading unit. The results of the annual review of the Risk Management Program shall be promptly reported to, and reviewed by, the chief compliance officer, senior management, and governing body of the swap dealer or major swap participant.
* * * * *
Acting Secretary of the Commission.
[FR Doc. 2014-16583 Filed 7-14-14;
BILLING CODE 6351-01-P
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree