Stocks closed lower amid thin trade on concerns for political uncertainty.
At local equity market benchmark 100-share index shed 35.06 points or 0.12 percent to end the day at 29318.06 points compared to 29353.12 points of a day earlier.
Ahsan mehanti analyst at
Record remittances data of
KSE-Allshare index off by 27.59 points or 0.13 percent to finish the day at 21294.37 points, KSE-30 index fell by 34.80 points or 0.17 percent to conclude the session at 20259.83 points while KMI-30 index lost 43.57 points or 0.09 percent to conclude the session at 47367.37 points.
Market traded 54.864 million shares after opening at 66.731 million shares and the value of traded shares was reduced to
Trading took place in 295 companies where 135 companies closed in green and 134 in negative while the value of 26 stocks remained intact.
A dealer said cherry picking in main board stocks helped index to closed marginally negative. Index down by 0.12pc to close at 29318.
Active list was topped by
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women