The plan and the recommendations were developed with the following guiding principles:
Modifications and activities within the park shall promote PHMC values and vision through:
* Environmentally sustainable land use.
* Building uses compatible with existing historic construction and natural environment.
* Appropriate partnerships to assure economic sustainability.
* Core areas shall enhance the interpretive and educational mission and surrounding areas shall protect critical viewsheds.
* PHMC encourages active park use by other entities, consistent with PHMC's mission, objectives and protective guidelines.
* Building alterations/additions shall enhance PHMC's interpretive mission and shall be consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Treatment of
* PHMC shall undertake or work with others to adopt a new strategic plan for financial sustainability through collaboration, partnership and fundraising.
The plan was prepared by
The full plan, including an executive summary, background, recommendations and next steps, is available online at www.phmc.state.pa.us.
The park, established by the commonwealth in 1917, commemorates Gen.
Visit the PHMC online at: www.phmc.state.pa.us.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant