In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average fell 6.31 points, or 0.04 percent, from Tuesday to 15,388.85. Meanwhile, the broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the
The downside was limited, however, as investor sentiment was somewhat lifted by the Dow Jones Industrial Average's rise overnight in
Major decliners included brokerage, insurance and fishery shares, while oil and coal products as well as pulp and paper issues gained ground.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures