The interactive gaming company said in a trading update that total net revenue rose 5% in the second quarter to
The number of new depositing players also rose, up 38% in the quarter to 20,607 from 14,906 last year. The number of quarterly active depositing players rise 33% to 37,691 from 28,261 in 2013.
While coming in higher than last year, net revenue from the company's SuperCasino brand was slower in the latter part of the quarter, said
The company said that this was mitigated in part by a strong start to the quarter and that the directors expect revenues to return to similar levels seen at the beginning of the quarter now that the World Cup has come to an end. A review of marketing output is also planned to support this, said the company.
During the quarter, the group has begun preparing itself for the 'Point of Consumption' tax set to be introduced in December this year, it said, with activities including consolidation of certain locations and other cost base efficiencies.
The company expects to issue its interim results on
Shares in the interactive gaming company were trading 5.51% lower at
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border