ENP Newswire -
Release date- 14072014 -
CFM values the engine order, when finalized, at
Under the terms of the Rate per Flight Hour (RPFH) service agreement, CFM will guarantee maintenance costs for all 60 LEAP-1B engines on a dollar per engine flight hour basis.
The LEAP-1B, which is the sole powerplant for the Boeing 737 MAX, began ground testing in
'Having reviewed all of the options in the marketplace, we concluded that the LEAP 1-B powered Boeing 737 MAX8 is the aircraft that best fits our future route network strategy,' said
Monarch had previously operated Boeing 737 aircraft powered by CFM56-3 engines.
'It's a pleasure to welcome Monarch back as a CFM customer, said Jean-Paul Ebanga, president and CEO of
'The LEAP-1B engine will provide a step change improvement in fuel efficiency while maintaining the unmatched reliability of CFM engines,' said Gael Meheust, vice president of Sales for CFM parent company
The foundation of the LEAP engine is heavily rooted in advanced aerodynamics, environmental, and materials technology development programs. It will provide 15 percent better fuel consumption and an equivalent reduction in CO2 emissions compared to today's best CFM engine, along with dramatic reductions in engine noise and emissions. All this technology brings with it CFM's legendary reliability and low maintenance costs.
LEAP engines are a product of
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans