The strategy aims at increasing the level of liquidity in the treasury to enable the government in meeting any financial needs.
The strategy should also limit public expenditures, which have increased significantly in the past few years while the deficit has doubled between 2011 and 2014. Azour believes that the government should adopt precautionary measures in order to protect the monetary stability.
"The government should not wait till the last moment to solve any issue because it will surely become more serious with time," he said.
"The electricity problem was a subject of discussion by successive governments but no practical decisions were taken to solve this issue," he added.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf