The strategy aims at increasing the level of liquidity in the treasury to enable the government in meeting any financial needs.
The strategy should also limit public expenditures, which have increased significantly in the past few years while the deficit has doubled between 2011 and 2014. Azour believes that the government should adopt precautionary measures in order to protect the monetary stability.
"The government should not wait till the last moment to solve any issue because it will surely become more serious with time," he said.
"The electricity problem was a subject of discussion by successive governments but no practical decisions were taken to solve this issue," he added.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio