In this first official trip by an EBRD President to
A publicly owned institution, the EBRD invests primarily in the private sector, promoting the development of small and medium-sized enterprises, strengthening banking systems and helping build up key areas of infrastructure. It is also a pioneer in the promotion of energy efficiency and the development of sustainable energy sources.
The EBRD invests across more than 30 countries from
Speaking ahead of his visit, the EBRD President said, "I am very much looking forward to meeting government leaders in
"I shall also be particularly eager to discuss with government officials and with representatives of commerce in
Sir Suma said he wanted to strengthen the relationship the EBRD has with Maltese companies and expand the business they do together.
Speaking ahead of the visit,
"As I have had occasion to affirm, my government supports the EBRD's operations in the North African region, and we look forward to further dialogue in this regard."
TNS 30FurigayJane-140716-4797624 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy