SPEs are legal entities created overseas to isolate a firm from financial risk or to hide ownership or debts.
Citizens can invest in onshore assets or equities in offshore SPEs after they register at with
SAFE has removed the restriction on domestic enterprises transferring assets or equities to offshore SPEs.
It is not necessary for SPEs to remit profits, bonuses or income from capital changes within 180 workdays.
The new rules are the latest step in the internationalization of the yuan.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration