The camp will take place
Camp activities throughout the week include lessons on Earth systems, weather and climate, global versus local weather patterns, human and natural influences on weather and climate, and weather observation and prediction. Participants will also be able to interpret weather, radar and satellite weather maps, identify cloud types and make predictions based on weather data.
"Dr. Kroeger invited the science center to submit a proposal as part of BSU's space grant for an outreach activity that aligned with
"BSU is currently in our 24th consecutive year of Space Grant funding," Kroeger said. "At BSU we use this funding to support scholarships for students earning degrees in science, engineering, technology and math (STEM) disciplines, student and faculty research, various higher education programs including our high-altitude ballooning program, continuing education opportunities for elementary and secondary-school teachers in STEM disciplines, and outreach activities. The Storm Chasers camp is one of those outreach activities."
Camp registration information
CC AutoTriage13cn-140715-30TagarumaMar-4796863 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges