The camp will take place
Camp activities throughout the week include lessons on Earth systems, weather and climate, global versus local weather patterns, human and natural influences on weather and climate, and weather observation and prediction. Participants will also be able to interpret weather, radar and satellite weather maps, identify cloud types and make predictions based on weather data.
"Dr. Kroeger invited the science center to submit a proposal as part of BSU's space grant for an outreach activity that aligned with
"BSU is currently in our 24th consecutive year of Space Grant funding," Kroeger said. "At BSU we use this funding to support scholarships for students earning degrees in science, engineering, technology and math (STEM) disciplines, student and faculty research, various higher education programs including our high-altitude ballooning program, continuing education opportunities for elementary and secondary-school teachers in STEM disciplines, and outreach activities. The Storm Chasers camp is one of those outreach activities."
Camp registration information
CC AutoTriage13cn-140715-30TagarumaMar-4796863 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters