The camp will take place
Camp activities throughout the week include lessons on Earth systems, weather and climate, global versus local weather patterns, human and natural influences on weather and climate, and weather observation and prediction. Participants will also be able to interpret weather, radar and satellite weather maps, identify cloud types and make predictions based on weather data.
"Dr. Kroeger invited the science center to submit a proposal as part of BSU's space grant for an outreach activity that aligned with
"BSU is currently in our 24th consecutive year of Space Grant funding," Kroeger said. "At BSU we use this funding to support scholarships for students earning degrees in science, engineering, technology and math (STEM) disciplines, student and faculty research, various higher education programs including our high-altitude ballooning program, continuing education opportunities for elementary and secondary-school teachers in STEM disciplines, and outreach activities. The Storm Chasers camp is one of those outreach activities."
Camp registration information
CC AutoTriage13cn-140715-30TagarumaMar-4796863 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him