The business enterprise partnership, announced after Tuesday's market close, aims to "redefine the way work will get done, address key industry mobility challenges and spark true mobile-led business change," the companies said in a joint statement.
Appearing on business cable channel
Rometty said the apps would address specific industry needs, such as helping airline pilots save fuel, and could be used in a wide range of business applications, turning iPads and smartphones into money-saving tools. "This can save 10% to 15% for an airline deployed widely," Rometty said.
Apple shares rose
"We are in independent positions of strength,"
Apple's first major joint venture partnership in years is "absolutely huge; it's landmark," Cook said. "It takes the best of
Analysts applauded the move, which will expand Apple's consumer base into business and burnish
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures