"Karakalpakstan and Khorezm regions are expecting electricity demand to grow at double the rate of the forecasted national average. Reliable power supply is essential to meet the residential demand and for future industrial development and growth," said
The project will build two new energy-efficient combined-cycle gas turbines of up to 280 megawatts each, while decommissioning three existing steam turbine units, with two others to be kept as backup.
Another component will be staff training and other support for Uzbekenergo, the state-owned power utility, to improve tariff setting and to make the utility more commercially bankable. Uzbekenergo, with previous support from
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel