"Many more" youths were called on to apply, but following the selection process "we're working with 1,000," the president of the
The project got underway three years ago and, of the 1,000 students from different public schools in
The 25-year-old conductor of the orchestra,
The youths live together as brothers without problems at the Don Bosco Industrial Polygon, home of the project, despite belonging to communities ruled by rival street gangs Mara Salvatrucha and Pandilla 18, which also surround this refuge in a neighborhood known as Las Iberias.
The project has been financed with at least
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply