Following the announcement, the yen fell slightly against other major currencies.
The yen was trading at 101.61 against the greenback, 138.36 against the euro, 173.57 against the pound and 113.88 against the franc around 11.10.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia