Unmanned Cargo Craft Launched to
Last updated on:
A private U.S. company has launched an unmanned cargo carrier to resupply the astronauts living aboard the
The spacecraft is packed with 1,600 kilograms of food, equipment, science experiments and tools.
The launch is the second of eight missions the company has contracted with the U.S. space agency,
The Cygnus is to arrive at the station Wednesday.
Astronauts are launched three at a time to the space station aboard
Several U.S. companies are competing to build the crew vehicle that will restore U.S. access to the station in the next few years.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays