Presiding over a news conference recently
He said in a statement by the end of March the banking sector's capital adequacy ratio (measure for ability to absorb shocks) stood at 22.6% (above the 15% prudential requirement)
The Microfinance sector recorded capital adequacy ratio of 33.1% (against the 15% prudential requirement).
Rwangombwa said the insurance sector also remains solvent as seen by the solvency ratio of 213% against the 100% requirement.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays