With the receipt of the new funding, the Mozambican main airport in the capital city of
The European lender has revealed that the improvement scheme clearly represents safety priorities at the airport, comprising works to resurface the runway, taxiway and apron areas of the major gateway of
The project will also facilitate enhancement of landing lights, and ascertain sufficient amount of water supply to fight fire and bolster fuel supply infrastructure for aircraft.
According to the plans, the French development agency AFD and the
The bank (EIB) has decided to provide the loan support after it accomplished a detailed review on the airport s investment requirements and plan to cut disruption throughout the construction phase to minimum.
The EIB VP - Pim van Ballekom revealed,
The EIB is committed to supporting investment that facilitates transport and regional economic co-operation across
The renovation scheme comes after the end of new international and domestic terminals at the
In order to ensure sustained operations of airlines and fulfillment of the ICAO norms, it is crucial to carry out safety enhancement investments at the Mozambican gateway.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors of Aeroportos de MoÇambique -
This will upgrade key infrastructure to international standards and benefit all users of the airport for many years to come.
The EIB-backed infrastructure upgrading venture at the
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures