Majority of the loan applications to
He said: "We engaged the BSFs, they will receive the applications and help to review it, they are the people that will be within your locality, BoI only exists in
He said BoI was optimistic that its key stakeholders will continue to support the bank with equity injection to enable it help in the realisation of the National Industrial Revolution Plan (NIRP).
The managing director said the bank was ready to assist small and medium enterprises, adding that the bank would develop strategies to improve stakeholders' access to funds.
He said: "BoI is trying to achieve a balance in its functions as a
"Although we are confident that key shareholders in the NIRP initiative
"Consequently, we are exploring alternative modes of funding such as continuation of sector specific intervention funds by the CBN, ministries of agriculture, solid minerals and others; managed funds from various state governments and foundations; long-term loans at very low interest rates from multi-lateral/international development institutions."
He added that BoI would explore domestic and international bond issuance and other sustainable annuity sources that may become statutorily imperative in the medium to long term.
He disclosed that in pursuance of the success of President
He also disclosed that BoI has since inception, till date, disbursed over N600 billion loans to small, medium enterprises, saying that the small medium enterprise sector will receive adequate attention from the development bank.
"As you are aware, our Honourable Minister in the
He said that he haS also discussed with Adesina on issues relating to the various agricultural development funds managed by BoI as part of the minister's efforts to transform
"We are in agreement that there is room for wider collaboration between his ministry and BoI, especially in the area of financing the agricultural value chain," he said.
He unfolded the bank's agenda to pursue good corporate governance, sound risk management and compliance, venture capital investments, partnerships and collaborations, customer service responsiveness and create linkages between innovation and industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go