Analysts were expecting
Even excluding the settlement and other charges,
The company took a charge of
"Our businesses showed resilience in the face of an uneven economic environment,"
Corbat also said that the company managed to improve its financial strength, despite the settlement with the
The company grew its core business -- lending -- by 8% from the previous year.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps