Traders are looking ahead to quarterly earnings reports and some crucial speeches by central bank heads due this week.
Gold futures for August are down
Gold futures gained 1.3% last week, as renewed worries about the European economy on recent weak data from
Silver for September is down
According to data released by Eurostat, eurozone industrial production declined 1.1% month-on-month in May, reversing the 0.7% rise in April. Economists expected output to drop 1.2%.
Investors will be looking ahead to
During the week, investors will be digesting a slew of economic reports including the data on consumer sentiment, retail sales, manufacturing sector activity and housing market, besides the weekly report on jobless claims.
Some crucial Fed speeches, including
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays