Currently, there are only three phones available in the market that run on eight processors. They are the Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4 and the HTC Desire 616. The five-inch display smartphone will retail for Dh799.
"The scalable octa-core architecture can run both low-power and processor intensive tasks highly efficiently by harnessing the full capabilities of its eight individual CPU cores in optimal combination," said
He said MT6592 chip is a true octa-core smartphone platform based on the energy-efficient ARM Cortex A7 processor. A7 is the industry's "most efficient chip architecture," he said.
Based on the 28nm HPM (high-performance mobile) process technology, Osman said that all the eight cores are fully scalable and capable of clocking speeds between 1.7GHz and 2GHz.
Osman said that Google Chrome is already using all the eight cores, and likewise with some map apps, video players plus multi-window function.
The MT6592 has an image signal processor that supports 16MP camera modules and an ARM Mali-450MP graphics processor running at 700MHz, which delivers full HD at 60 frames per second and supports 4K streaming.
Eurostar has tied with
"We aim to sell 150,000 smartphones this year,"
"Our next key focus market is
By partnering with
What's left for
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities