"To strengthen the confidence of customers, employees and the public, it is essential that the executive committee of
Federal Reserve Chair
Investors await for quarterly results from a slew of blue-chip companies including
In economic news, Eurozone industrial production declined in May for the second time this year, estimates published by Eurostat showed.
Industrial production fell 1.1% month-on-month, reversing the 0.7% rise in April. Output was expected to drop 1.2%.
The euro appreciated to a 4-day high of 138.40 against the yen, after having fallen to 137.72 at the commencement of today's trading. If the euro extends rise, 139.00 is seen as its next possible resistance level. At Friday's close, the pair was trading at 137.80.
The euro advanced to a 4-day high of 1.3639 against the US dollar from its prior low of 1.3595. The pair was quoted at 1.3606 when it ended deals last week. The next possible upside target for the euro-greenback pair lies around the 1.37 mark.
Recovering from an early low of 0.7938 against the pound, the euro rose to a 4-day high of 0.7964. On the upside, 0.806 is seen as next possible upside target for the euro-pound pair. The euro ended Friday's trading at 0.7937 against the pound.
The euro climbed to near a 4-week high of 1.4651 against the Canadian dollar, 4-day highs of 1.4517 against the aussie and 1.5472 against the kiwi, and held steady thereafter. The next possible resistance for the euro is seen around 1.474 against the loonie, 1.56 against the kiwi and 1.46 against the aussie.
Meanwhile, the euro moved away from an early 4-day high of 1.2147 against the franc and eased back to 1.2135.The euro is thus heading to pierce its early near 2-week low of 1.2134. The euro may possibly face support around the 1.21 mark.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid