According to Tanzanian Ambassador to the
"We look forward to further cooperation with the EIB in the development of airports, notably in the
He pointed out that the feasibility study had already been done and the project found to be commercially, environmentally and socially viable, and has the government's support.
The bank works with more than 150 non EU states, which is about 10 per cent of the Bank's total portfolio.
He noted that the bank's lending focuses on four main areas namely innovation and skills, access to finance for small businesses, addressing climate change and strategic infrastructure.
He said there are many success stories of EIB lending to ACP countries, having lent
He noted that the
He said EIB is not only supporting private sector but is also supporting government initiatives of providing favourable environment for the private sector to flourish.
The improvement of these airports in these peripheral regions of
He added that EIB issued over
He added that EIB has agreed to issue over
The EIB's lending mandate for the ACP is under the Cotonou Agreement for EU relations with its partner countries. As the CPA is scheduled to expire we need to think of a new legal mandate for the EIB to continue lending to the ACP countries.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia