According to Tanzanian Ambassador to the
"We look forward to further cooperation with the EIB in the development of airports, notably in the
He pointed out that the feasibility study had already been done and the project found to be commercially, environmentally and socially viable, and has the government's support.
The bank works with more than 150 non EU states, which is about 10 per cent of the Bank's total portfolio.
He noted that the bank's lending focuses on four main areas namely innovation and skills, access to finance for small businesses, addressing climate change and strategic infrastructure.
He said there are many success stories of EIB lending to ACP countries, having lent
He noted that the
He said EIB is not only supporting private sector but is also supporting government initiatives of providing favourable environment for the private sector to flourish.
The improvement of these airports in these peripheral regions of
He added that EIB issued over
He added that EIB has agreed to issue over
The EIB's lending mandate for the ACP is under the Cotonou Agreement for EU relations with its partner countries. As the CPA is scheduled to expire we need to think of a new legal mandate for the EIB to continue lending to the ACP countries.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention