City figures such as
The scheme for
"We've been working with the hospital to develop plans for the centre for four years and we've raised the funds needed to start building as soon as we get the go ahead," Laura Lee, Maggie's chief executive told City A.M. The centre, which will provide emotional and social support for cancer patients and their families, has had some opposition from a group that believes its building will impede planned restoration to the Great Hall at St Bart's, an 18th century building which is part of the hospital.
The group, called
Joining Laidlaw and Kaye in supporting Maggie's are
Most Popular Stories
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Trump Plaza Folds in Atlantic City
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year