City figures such as
The scheme for
"We've been working with the hospital to develop plans for the centre for four years and we've raised the funds needed to start building as soon as we get the go ahead," Laura Lee, Maggie's chief executive told City A.M. The centre, which will provide emotional and social support for cancer patients and their families, has had some opposition from a group that believes its building will impede planned restoration to the Great Hall at St Bart's, an 18th century building which is part of the hospital.
The group, called
Joining Laidlaw and Kaye in supporting Maggie's are
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go