Rousseff received Putin in the presidential palace in
"We defend the growth (of bilateral cooperation) and of giving priority to our people," Rousseff said. "
The five countries "are among the largest in the world and cannot content themselves in the middle of the 21st century with any kind of dependency," Rousseff said.
She also underscored
Both leaders steered clear of thorny international issues like the
"The focus of our attentions has been the economic ties," Putin added.
During Monday's talks, ministers from
Bilateral trade between the two nations stands at
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers