Rousseff received Putin in the presidential palace in
"We defend the growth (of bilateral cooperation) and of giving priority to our people," Rousseff said. "
The five countries "are among the largest in the world and cannot content themselves in the middle of the 21st century with any kind of dependency," Rousseff said.
She also underscored
Both leaders steered clear of thorny international issues like the
"The focus of our attentions has been the economic ties," Putin added.
During Monday's talks, ministers from
Bilateral trade between the two nations stands at
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine