The much speculated iPhone 6 is reportedly facing severe production problems, which may delay production, or limit availability.
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo expressed in one of his research notes that problems Apple is facing with the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 are even more challenging for the 5.5-incher, possibly leading to delays, CNET reported.
Analyst believes that the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 may not launch by the end of 2014, or may launch after October in very limited quantities, the report added.
Challenges include technology related to the in-cell touch display panel and issues with the metal casing.
And the rumored scratch-resistant 5.5-inch sapphire cover glass for the display may not easily pass the drop test near term, report said.
Previous rumors have also pointed to production problems with 5.5-inch iPhone 6, including battery-related issues. Bloomberg said in June, however, that both models will go into production this month, the report added. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego