Apart from the volumes, the number of deals has also increased significantly, as has the spread of deals, with more deals in the faster growing economies of the continent.
The share of deal value in
According to Deloitte and Touche, the largest number of deals was in
All this shows opportunities are there to be exploited.
Fund raising has also shot up, with amounts raised doubling to
The momentum is such that now even major global firms, based in
The industry has continued to grow steadily since the global financial crisis and global recession, with values estimated to be between
All indications are that this trend is set to continue. A recent survey by the
Of these 70% said they expect returns from
Such elements as increased investment, both private and public, a fast growing middle class, increased consumer spending, rapid urbanisation, improving infrastructure, healthy macroeconomics and an improving investment, have all contributed to making the continent more attractive for investors.
Those who have been following the wider financial and economic developments in
External financial flows to
Foreign investment and remittances have continued to outgrow traditional flows such as official development assistance.
Foreign investment in particular--both direct and portofolio-- has now fully recovered from the 2009 economic crisis and is projected to surpass a record
These days, there is a heightened sense of urgency among policy makers in
There is increased awareness that one key to job growth is enterprise growth and development, where private equity plays an important role.
Tadesse is the
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)