FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Ms.
The following is a copy of a letter to the Speaker of the
Alternate OSD Federal Register Liaison Officer,
BILLING CODE 5001-06-P
See Illustration in Original Document.
Transmittal No. 14-30
Notice of Proposed Issuance of Letter of Offer Pursuant to Section 36(b)(1) of the Arms Export Control Act, as amended
(i) Prospective Purchaser:
(ii) Total Estimated Value: GOES
Major Defense Equipment*................................
.. * As defined in Section 47(6) of the Arms Export Control Act.
(iii) Description and Quantity or Quantities of Articles or Services under Consideration for Purchase: Up to 65 Block IV All-Up-Round Torpedo Tube Launched Tomahawk Land-Attack Missiles, containers, engineering support, test equipment, operational flight test support, communications equipment, technical assistance, personnel training/equipment, spare and repair parts, and other related elements of logistics support.
(v) Prior Related Cases:
FMS case AGS-$154M-16Oct95
FMS case AHA-$32M-01Sep99
FMS case AHE-$36M-14Dec01
FMS case AHJ-$157M-29Mar04
FMS case GWY-$6M-21Jan00
FMS case GYU-$33M-21Jan02
FMS case LIS-$49M-18Jan04
FMS case GXQ-$91M-21Dec00
FMS case GEK-$122M-20Feb08
FMS case FAY-$165M-12Dec13
(vii) Sensitivity of Technology Contained in the Defense Article or Defense Services Proposed to be Sold: See Annex attached.
(viii) Date Report Delivered to
United Kingdom--Tomahawk Block IV Torpedo Launched Land-Attack Missiles
This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of
The proposed sale of these missiles will not alter the basic military balance in the region.
The principal contractor will be
Implementation of this proposed sale will not require the assignment of additional
There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale.
Transmittal No. 14-30
Notice of Proposed Issuance of Letter of Offer Pursuant to Section 36(b)(1) Of the Arms Export Control Act
Item No. vii
(vii) Sensitivity of Technology:
1. The conventionally armed Tomahawk Block IV Land Attack Missile consists of the following classified components:
2. If a technologically advanced adversary were to obtain knowledge of the specific hardware and software elements, the information could be used to develop countermeasures that might reduce weapon system effectiveness or be used in the development of a system with similar advanced capabilities.
3. A determination has been made that the recipient government can provide substantially the same degree of protection for the technology being released as the
4. All defense articles and services listed in this transmittal have been authorized for release and export to the Government of the
Citation: "79 FR 40724"
Document Number: "Transmittal Nos. 14-30"
Federal Register Page Number: "40724"
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports