The Economists expect the bank to keep policy unchanged at its
Against the US and Australian dollars, the yen slipped to 4-day lows of 101.42 and 95.34, from last week's closing quotes of 101.32 and 95.10, respectively. The yen may test support near 102.10 against the greenback and 96.16 against the aussie.
The yen fell to 137.98 against the euro and 173.60 against the pound, from last week's closing quotes of 137.80 and 173.43, respectively. If the yen extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around 139.11 against the euro and 175.45 against the sterling.
Against the Swiss franc, the yen edged down to 113.62. On the downside, 114.19 is seen as next support level for the yen.
Against the NZ dollar, the yen fell to 89.42, from last week's closing quote of 89.24. Continuation of bearish trend may lead the yen to a support around the 90.10 mark.
Data from the
Looking ahead, Eurozone industrial production for May is set to be released in the European session.
Most Popular Stories
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities