It would mark the first time for the latecomer in the smartphone industry to see its handset sales hover above the
Analysts attributed the expected sales improvement to LG's latest smartphone, the G3, which has been receiving positive feedbacks from overseas markets.
LG released the G3 in
Analysts added the sales of the G3 in
"Despite the launch of the iPhone 6 (slated for the second half of 2014), the combined sales of the G3 will reach 6 million units globally this year," said
The G3 has a 5.5-inch screen whose quality is four times that of standard high-definition resolution and features the world's first 2,560X1,440 Quad HD display.
Like its predecessor G2, the G3 has all its buttons on the rear of the device to allow users to quickly access its power and volume controls. The thinner phone with a curvy design also fits more naturally into the hand.
The brushed metallic look and removable back cover that permit users to change batteries are viewed as other selling points of the phone.
LG eventually aims to sell the G3 in 100 countries around the globe via 170 mobile carriers. (QNA)
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists