A Japanese nursing-care service provider that obliged Filipino employees to waive its responsibility for death also illegally withheld reserves from its Filipino employees' monthly salaries, sources familiar with the matter said Sunday.
A former employee plans to file a civil complaint against the company in July, demanding compensation for harsh working conditions and overcharging loans.
Juju also requires Filipino job applicants to sign statements absolving the company of any responsibility should they die in
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs