EDF Energy has launched a tariff that offers prepay meter customers fixed-price energy for 27 months, with no exit fees. The Blue+Fixed Prepay
Co-operative Energy, part of the
Midcounties Co-operative, has started allowing its customers to choose where the electricity they consume is generated. The company currently has power-purchase agreements with around 30 generators, 15 of which are owned by the local community - including wind farms in Cumbria, Oxfordshire and the Forest Of Dean in Herefordshire. The Co-op is promising its customers that it will buy enough units from each source to match their choices over the course of a year.
Sainbury's Bank has joined the personal loan price war, cutting interest you have to pay on sums up to pounds 15,000 to as low as 3.9%. It matches
But there's a catch - the 3.9% rate is
only available until 22 July. Rates on smaller loans of pounds 5,000 to pounds 7,500 are also being cut, from 5.6% to 5.3% if repaid over a three-year period.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?